Presentation of the Uforest project and workshop for professionals with our Spanish partners
Urban forests provide a wide range of environmental, social and economic benefits, making them a Nature-based Solution (NBS) that allows us to address many urban challenges such as the heat island effect or pollution.
On 3rd and 4th of May, our spanish partners the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the CREAF and Agresta S. Coop, will present the project and analyse the potential of urban forestry at the free workshop “Challenges and opportunities for urban forests”. This workshop is aimed at professionals from various disciplines, such as urban planning, architecture, forestry and urban ecology, from both public and private sectors.
The Uforest presentation will be held in an hybrid session, while the workshop will only be in presence.
On the 3rd and 4th of May 2023
Sala de Graus II (aula C5/1068 Josep Egozcue), Faculty of Biosciences of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra Campus (UAB) Edifici C, 08193 Cerdanyola del Vallès
The event includes free coffee and lunch and the bus ride to and from Serra Marina.
Register here before 28 April to join!
DAY 1 – 03 May 2023
- 9:30 – 10:00 | Welcome
- 10:00 – 10:20 | Presentation of the Uforest project (Joan Pino – CREAF/UAB)
- 10:20 – 10:40 |Training programme of the project (UAB)
- 10:40 – 11:00 | Plantation campaign (Jorge Olivar – Agresta S. Coop)
- 11:00 – 11:30 | Reports and material generated in the project (Florencia Florido – CREAF, and Ian Whitehead – EFI)
- 11:30 – 12:00 | Local experiences: Transformem els patis and Pla Natura Barcelona (Barcelona City Council)
- 12:00 – 12:30 | Coffee break
Workshop “Challenges and opportunities for urban forests (part 1)
- 12:30 – 13:00 | Presentation of the Workshop (Jorge Olivar – Agresta)
- 13:00 – 14:00 | Context of the problems in the management of peri-urban forests such as Collserola or Serra de Marina (Pablo Navascués – Parc Natural de Collserola)
- 14:00 – 16:00 | Lunch
- 16:00 – 18:00 | Visit to Serra de Marina: a peri-urban forest to be replanted
DAY 2 – 04 May 2023
Workshop “Challenges and opportunities for urban forests (part 2)
- 9:30 – 11:00 | Participatory workshop “Searching for solutions to the problems posed in peri-urban forest management” (Jorge Olivar – Agresta)
- 11:00 – 11:30 | Coffee
- 12:00 – 14:00 | Round table and debate:
– A way to reach 3-30-300 (Jacint Pla – Viladecans)
– Clearing House (Corina Basnou – CREAF)
– Urban tree detection tools (Iñigo Lizarralde – Föra Forest Technologies)
– Natural capital in urban forests (Ricardo Fernández – Ecoacsa)
- – 14:00 – 16:00 | Lunch